If your Mushroom Grow Kit is in a dry environment we recommend using a humidity tent to increase moisture. Here's how:
- Re-soak your kit overnight fully submerged in water.
- Cover the kit with a ziplock or other plastic bag and cut some holes in it for airflow.
- Spray/drizzle water underneath it everyday. Be generous!
- Mushrooms need oxygen to grow so it's important to remove the additional plastic bag as soon as you notice mushrooms growing. Then water the Mushroom Farm as instructed on our box.
The additional moisture should help boost your kit out of the dormant state and you should see growth in approx. 7 days.
Additional information about mushroom growth:
- Mushrooms love fresh air, so placing your kit next to an open window can really encourage the mushrooms to grow.
- Oyster mushrooms like light. Place your mushroom kit in a bright area-- filtered light is best.
- Moisture is extremely important. You can tell if your kit is getting enough water because you will be able to see visible drops of moisture trapped beneath the plastic flaps. The more water the better; don't be afraid of over-watering your mushroom kit.
Good luck and keep me posted!